2017 Blankets Creek Dirty 15/30 Mountian Bike Race presented by Free Flite Bicycles - April 15, 2017
Thanks to all the racers, volunteers and sponsors who participated in the 2017 Blankets Creek Dirty 15 and 30 Mountain Bike Race. We hope you enjoyed the course and thank you for helping us support SORBA Woodstock. Race results and photo links can be found below:
We are excited to announce that Free Flite Bicycles will be the presenting sponsor of the 2017 Blankets Creek Dirty 15/30 Mountain Bike Race. Owner Dan Thornton and the Free Flite crew have been long time supporters of SORBA Woodstock and were major contributors to the Trail Fund that helped fund the construction of the Van Michael Trail, Loop 3 of the Explorer Trail, and the Mill Trails at Rope Mill Park. Free Flite Bicycles has locations in Marietta, East Cobb and Sandy Springs.
Thursday, April 13, 2017
Optional early Packet Pickup from 4-7 pm at Free Flite Bicycles, Canton Road location.
2949 Canton Road, Suite 1000
Marietta, Georgia 30066
Saturday, April 15, 2017
8:00 am - 11:30 am Race Check-in for Dirty Thirty MTB Race
12 Noon - Dirty Thirty Ultra XC MTB Race Starts (staggered by category)
Please note there is a 5 and 10 mile trail run going on at Blankets Creek in the morning, beginning at 8:30 am. If parking lot is full when you arrive, please park next door at River Church.
Race Entry Fees
Dirty Thirty Ultra XC MTB Race (15 or 30 mile option)
On or Before March 25th, $40
After March 25th, $45
Race Day, $50
A portion of the proceeds from this event will be donated to SORBA Woodstock for their continued maintenance and upkeep of the Blankets Creek and Rope Mill Trails.
Directions to Blankets Creek Trails
Blankets Creek Mountain Bike Trails
2261 Sixes Road
Canton, GA 30114
From the south, take I-575 north to exit 11, Sixes Road. Turn left onto Sixes Road and go approximately 1.7 miles to Blankets Creek Trails, which will be on the left. The trails are just past the Cherokee Charter Academy School, on the opposite side of the road.
15 mile divisions
- Male Beginner Under 40
- Male Beginner 40+
- Female Beginner All Ages
- Junior 18 and Under Beginner
- Junior 18 and Under Open (Sport/Expert)
30 mile divisions
- Male Sport Under 40
- Male Sport 40+
- Male Expert/Open Under 40
- Male Expert/Open 40+
- Female Sport All Ages
- Female Expert/Open All Ages
- Clydesdale (200 lbs+)
- Male 50+ (will add 60+ if we get at least 4 riders over 60)
- Open Singlespeed (will split into gender divisions if we get more than 4 of each gender)
- Junior 18 and Under Open (Both genders, will split if we get more than 4 of each gender)
T-Shirts and Swag
All entries include a T-shirt. Commemorative glass to the first 125 who register. Sizes guaranteed in an event shirt if you register before April 1st. After April 1st, sizes are first come-first served until we run out of event shirts. If a size is shown in the menu when you register, it is still available. Those who register late or once we are out of event shirts will still receive a shirt, however it will be a Mountain Goat logo tee. Please register early if you would like an event shirt. Shirts run true to size.
2016 Shirt Design (Front):
Medals and prizes will be presented to the top 3 finishers in each category. Podium Shirts will be awarded to the top finisher in each category. The awards ceremony for the mountain bike race will take place at approximately 1:45 pm for beginners and 3:15 pm for all others. You must be present at the awards ceremony, or have someone pick up your award, as medals will not be mailed.
Parking and Equipment Drop Off
Race check-in and parking will be at the Blankets Creek Trailhead parking lot. Additional Parking will be available at River Church, which is just west of Blankets Creek on Sixes Road. Please note there is a 5 and 10 mile trail run going on at Blankets Creek in the morning, beginning at 8:30 am. If parking lot is full, please park next door at River Church. Spots will likeky start opening up in the Blankets Creek Lot around 10 am.
Fuel Station for MTB Race
There will be a neutral fuel/hydration station that riders will pass by on several occasions, located at the Dwelling Directional Sign. Riders will pass by this aid station before and after riding the Dwelling Trail and will also have the option to use the aid station after riding South Loop on each lap. This aid station will offer water and Hammer Heed to fill bottles, as well as Hammer Gels. You may leave a 1 gallon ziploc bag at this location if you wish to have your own drink mix/snacks for lap number 2.
- All participants will be required to wear a bicycle helmet at all times while riding. Penalty is DQ.
- No outside (non racer) assistance is permitted at any time during the race. Racers may assist other racers.
- All food and drink for the race must be either carried with the racer or staged in the feed zone area. There will be no water stops on the course
- Headphones/ipods will not be permitted.
- Race numbers must be visible at all times.
- Cutting the course is not permitted. Penalty is DQ.
- In the event of a mechanical, the racer must cross the finish line with his/her bike to receive an official finish time.
- Racers must follow all race staff/volunteer instructions. Failure to do so may result in a DQ.
- Please exercise caution and good sportsmanship when passing other racers on the trail. You must let faster racers who are not in your category pass.
- Starts will be staggered by category. You must start in your assigned start wave. Penalty is DQ.
Mountain Goat Adventures utilizes Chip Timing using MyLaps Bibtag Technology and features instant results posting.
The race will run rain or shine, however, the Race Director reserves the right to cancel or modify segments of the event as deemed necessary for preservation of the trail and/or participant safety. No refunds will be given in the event of an act of God that requires cancellation of the race for the saftey of participants. Once the race has started, no refunds will be given due to delayed start or early conclusion of the race. If we have to end the race early, chances are, you will be glad we are doing so.
If you have a race question that was not answered above or would like to inquire about sponsorship opportunities, please email the race director at firstname.lastname@example.org